Ashley Priors Lane, Torquay, England TQ1 4SE
+44 300 777 1550
|Sunday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
|Monday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
|Tuesday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
|Thursday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
|Friday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
|Saturday|| 11:00 — 16:00 |
Images of Blue Cross Rehoming Centre, Torbay
Reviews about Blue Cross Rehoming Centre, Torbay
- Pat08.11.2018★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆WELL DONE TO THE TORBAY BLUE CROSS FOR BLOCKING US FROM CONTRIBUTING TO THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE. ALL RECENT ENTRIES ABOUT ROLY AND THE HORRENDOUS EXPERIENCE WE ENCOUNTERED HAVE BEEN CONVENIENTLY REMOVED. THIS ORGANISATION CAUSED US SO MUCH DISTRESS, ARE NOT SORRY IN THE SLIGHTEST, AND DO NOT CARE. THEY CLEARLY ONLY WANT POSITIVE VIEWS OF THEIR ORGANISATION SHOWN. BLOCKING ALTERNATIVE VIEWS AND EXPERIENCES DEMONSTRATES THEIR CULTURE AND INTENTIONS. PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS CRUEL AND DAMAGING ORGANISATION WHO LACK SKILLS IN CARING FOR PEOPLE. OUR LAST POST WAS ABOUT GEORGE, A MALE CAT WHO WAS SCARED AND NERVOUS WHEN OPENING THE DOOR TO HIS ROOM BECAME DIFFICULT. FILMING CONTINUED DESPITE GEORGE'S INITIAL FEAR AND ALARM. WE ARE PLEASED TO CEASE INVOLVEMENT, SO THANK YOU FOR HELPING US DIVERT OUR ATTENTIONS BACK TO GREAT CHARITIES LIKE CATS PROTECTION AND THE RSPCA. WE LOVE AND MISS ROLY IMMENSELY AND WILL NEVER EVER FORGIVE THIS ORGANISATION FOR THEIR POOR PRACTICES, AND WHAT THEY DID. ABSOLUTELY DISGRACEFUL AND APPALLING. WE ARE DISTRAUGHT AND FOREVER HEARTBROKEN.
We are aggrieved because our request to see Roly (a gorgeous 4 year old male cat who visited us for 2 years) and our wish to re home Roly was declined as the centre staff said he would not under any circumstances be returned to the same area and postcode.
Roly had a hurt leg and the RSPCA referred him onto a local vet who in turn transferred him the Blue Cross for treatment after discovering there were no spaces available at the RSPCA site in Exeter. We later learned from the Blue Cross that their vet suspected Roly's injuries were caused by a cat bite. Roly was not micro chipped, and attempts to locate an owner on Spotted Torquay and Pets Located yielded no results.
Roly would have been initially really frightened as he was unwell, and because he was in unfamiliar surroundings and with people he did not know but we were not allowed to see him. He was also not eating initially probably due to stress. We would have offered him love, comfort, and reassurance, and they would have seen for themselves how much he loved us too. Despite our numerous attempts and contacts, including visiting with gifts (food parcels) for Roly to give him familiar flavours we knew he liked and enjoyed to reassure him, writing, telephoning, and online commutations the staff did not allow us to see Roly and were adamant Roly would not be returned to the same area.
An investigation into a complaint we raised with the Blue Cross Head Office concluded we should have been able to see Roly and re home him as there was no reason why he could not have been returned to the same area having been neutered by their vet.
Roly visited us for two years. We love him immensely and we had a reciprocated loving relationship with him. We miss him so so much. He will be in our hearts and thoughts forever. The centre staff destroyed our chance and future with Roly, re homing him elsewhere and we will never ever forgive them for that. They wrongly, unnecessarily and cruelly kept us apart. We are distraught.
We DO NOT accept the apology from the Blue Cross. They denied us a future and chance with Roly. What they did is unforgivable. They failed Roly and they failed us by cruelly and unnecessarily keeping us apart, which they now accept should not have been the case. DISGRACEFUL.
Previous review:- I visited Blue Cross on Friday 9th March with a food parcel Roly, a cat I had found injured and had known for the past 2 years , having first checked it was okay to do so, and had a very poor reception and upsetting experience with one staff member who thought it was appropriate to demonstrate a negative, hostile, and dismissive manner towards me. Her behaviour affected me greatly and I am saddened as a cat lover and someone who donates to such good causes. The younger member of staff in comparison was very kind and supportive and I thank her but the older staff member was most certainly not. This was uncalled for as I visited out of compassion and in good faith and with honourable intentions.
The nearest companies
- Riviera Hot TubsEstablishment FoodRock House Lane, Torquay, ENG TQ1 4SX
- Brunel 's DanceEstablishment ParkTorquay, Torquay, ENG TQ2 8NW
- Watcombe CottageEstablishment LodgingTorquay, Torquay, ENG TQ1 4SQ
- Watcombe PinesEstablishmentTeignmouth Road, Torquay, ENG TQ1 4SQ
- english tableEstablishmentEnglish House, Teignmouth Road, Maidencombe, Torquay, ENG TQ1 4SY+44 1392 897213
- Watcombe BeachEstablishmentTorquay, Torquay, ENG TQ1 4SH
Weather in Torquay, England
|07.07.2022 04:00||15 ℃|
|07.07.2022 07:00||16 ℃|
|07.07.2022 10:00||18 ℃|
|07.07.2022 13:00||20 ℃|
|07.07.2022 16:00||19 ℃|
|07.07.2022 19:00||19 ℃|
|07.07.2022 22:00||17 ℃|
|08.07.2022 01:00||15 ℃|
|08.07.2022 04:00||15 ℃|
|08.07.2022 07:00||16 ℃|
|08.07.2022 10:00||19 ℃|
|08.07.2022 13:00||20 ℃|
|08.07.2022 16:00||22 ℃|
|08.07.2022 19:00||21 ℃|
|08.07.2022 22:00||17 ℃|
|09.07.2022 01:00||15 ℃|
|09.07.2022 04:00||14 ℃|
|09.07.2022 07:00||16 ℃|
|09.07.2022 10:00||19 ℃|
|09.07.2022 13:00||20 ℃|
|09.07.2022 16:00||21 ℃|
|09.07.2022 19:00||21 ℃|
|09.07.2022 22:00||18 ℃|